Dott, TIER and Voi commit to raising the bar for e-scooter sustainability
- Leading European operators are joining forces to raise sustainability standards across the e-scooter sector.
- The ten environmental and social commitments include never demolishing an e-scooter, fully running operations on green energy by end of 2020 and not relying on gig workers.
- Dott, TIER and Voi are calling on all other providers to meet the commitments for the benefits of cities and their people.
22 July 2020 - Dott (www.ridedott.com), TIER (about.tier.app) and Voi (www.voiscooters.com), the leaders of European micro-mobility, announce today they are jointly committing to a higher level of sustainability standards and practices across all areas of the e-scooter industry.
Combined, the ten environmental and social commitments cover the e-scooter’s full lifecycle. The operators commit to:
1. Using at least 20% recycled material in all new e-scooters from 2021
2. Purchasing all new e-scooters with swappable batteries from 2020
3. No precarious ‘gig’ work in any market, and committing to living wage standards
4. Responsible growth, with no flooding of streets
5. Running all warehouses on green energy by end of 2020
6. Using only electric vehicles for recharging and maintenance of fleet by end of 2021
7. Taking steps to mitigate the risk of e-scooters ending up in waterways and combining resources to retrieve e-scooters from waterways in cities where we are jointly active
8. Never demolishing an e-scooter, and recycling parts that cannot be repaired or reused as spare parts
9. Finding second-life solutions for all functioning e-scooters
Throughout the lifecycle
10. Calculating the carbon emissions during the full lifecycle and offsetting the emissions.
The coalition will appoint an independent body to monitor, evaluate and transparently report progress on all commitments.
“Sustainability is at the core of our industry and the value that our service brings. It is important that we take responsibility for our practices and are held to the highest standards so that consumers and cities can have complete faith in the sector and our way of operating. We’re inviting all other companies currently operating in Europe to join the movement and commit to these sustainability standards”, said jointly Henri Moissinac, CEO and co-founder of Dott, Lawrence Leuschner, CEO and co-founder of TIER, Fredrik Hjelm, CEO and co-founder of Voi.
À propos de TIER Mobility
TIER Mobility is Europe’s leading provider of micro-mobility with a mission to change mobility for good.
L‘entreprise joue un rôle de premier plan dans la transformation qui s’opère dans les transports, soulageant les villes des émissions et de la congestion, et plaçant une utilisation et une sécurité responsables au centre de ses activités.
As part of its commitment to sustainability, the company has adopted the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a guiding framework and has set a clear agenda for reducing and offsetting emissions. As a result of these measures, TIER Mobility has been a climatiquement neutres company since January 2020.
TIER Mobility operates in 85+ cities in 10 countries. The company is headquartered in Berlin and employs about 900 people. Founders of the company are Lawrence Leuschner, Matthias Laug. and Julian Blessin.
The company’s investors are SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Mubadala Investment Company’s financial investment arm, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, Goodwater Capital, White Star Capital, Novator, RTP Global, Speedinvest and many more. In addition, there are selected business angels and individual investors like Formula 1 World Champion Nico Rosberg.